Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Establishing an affinity between a session and one of the database
> servers will only help if the traffic is strictly read-only.
Thanks; I now see your point.
In our environment, that's pretty common.  Our most heavily used web
app (the one for which we have, at times, needed load balancing)
connects to the database with a read-only login.  Many of our web
apps do their writing by posting to queues which are handled at the
appropriate source database later.  (I had the opportunity to use
one of these "for real" last night, to fill in a juror questionnaire
after receiving a summons from the jury clerk in the county where I
live.)
Like I said, there are sane cases for this usage, but it won't fit
everybody.  I have no idea on percentages.
-Kevin