Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

> Establishing an affinity between a session and one of the database
> servers will only help if the traffic is strictly read-only.

I think this thread has drifted very far away from anything we're going
to do for 9.1.  And seems to have little to do with synchronous replication.

Synch rep ensures durability.  It is not, by itself, a method of
ensuring consistency, nor does it pretend to be one.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com