Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But as a practical matter, I'm afraid the true cost of the better
> guarantee you're suggesting here is additional code complexity that will
> likely cause this feature to miss 9.1 altogether.  As far as I'm
> concerned, this whole diversion into the topic of quorum commit is only
> consuming resources away from targeting something achievable in the time
> frame of a single release.

Yes. My purpose in starting this thread was to show that k > 1 "quorum
commit" is considerably more complex than the people who have been
bringing it up in other threads seem to think it is.  It is not
achievable for 9.1, and maybe not even for 9.2.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com