Обсуждение: Doc comments on unsupported versions

Doc comments on unsupported versions

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
The doc comment form is linked from all doc pages, and while most submissions
are from supported versions there are sometimes reports coming in from old
versions.  Since fixes aren’t applied to unsupported versions, and many reports
against old version have been fixed already, only allowing comments on
supported versions seems reasonable.  The attached (untested) patch implements
a proposal for this.

Is something like this of interest, or are we putting enough value on the
comments on unsupported versions that we want to keep them?

cheers ./daniel

Вложения

Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
The doc comment form is linked from all doc pages, and while most submissions
are from supported versions there are sometimes reports coming in from old
versions.  Since fixes aren’t applied to unsupported versions, and many reports
against old version have been fixed already, only allowing comments on
supported versions seems reasonable.  The attached (untested) patch implements
a proposal for this.

Is something like this of interest, or are we putting enough value on the
comments on unsupported versions that we want to keep them?

I think yes, let's drop it for unsupported versions. The more we can make it clear to people that they're unsupported, the better.

That said, I think the code is wrong :) Isn't it actually going to output data once for each unsupported version, since you loop over them?

--

Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2/16/18 16:02, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> The doc comment form is linked from all doc pages, and while most submissions
> are from supported versions there are sometimes reports coming in from old
> versions.

Has anything changed about this recently?  It seems like we are getting
a lot more comments from old versions now.

Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"