Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
 Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> It is definitely getting tiresome. I'm not sure why moderators keep
> *approving* all of these things though -- they're all being put in the
> moderation queue specifically to make sure only reasonable ones are
> approved, but it seems some moderators keep approving all of them....

I think it's rude to reject a mailing list message on grounds such as
comments being submitted to an old version.  Also, if the comment
applies to new versions, then the moderator is at fault, and there is no
trail or mechanism to put the comment back.  In other words, determining
the value of the comment is on the moderator's head.  I'd rather have
the moderators approve the comments, and have the list readership
determine that the comment is of no value publicly (that way, if someone
else disagrees, they can challenge it on-list.)

That I agree with, if that's the reason. But there's plenty that have been more or less content-less that have been approved, and I don't think those should've been.

I mean:

or even:

> > - Disable the link for submitting documentation comments on EOL versions.
>
> I actually thought we had done that, but it seems not. That should be an
> easy enough fix.

Sounds good to me.

> > - Display them in faint grey text color or otherwise make them annoying
> > to read.
>
> Unfortunately, the <blink> tag has been removed from browsers..

When visiting a Facebook page (without logged in to an account), it
keeps pestering you to open your own account.  I'm fortunate I don't
visit pages often, because it's *really* annoying.  Something similar
could be applied here, perhaps ...  I hope facebook doesn't have a
patent on obnoxious layers obscuring the bottom half of the page when
not logged in.

Those pages also completely don't work at all without javascript. I definitely don't want to go *there*.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions