Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>  Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That I agree with, if that's the reason. But there's plenty that have been
> more or less content-less that have been approved, and I don't think those
> should've been.
>
> I mean:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/152273272513.1433.16677492851065826081%40wrigleys.postgresql.org
> or even:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/152524500200.31689.10330412450106010735%40wrigleys.postgresql.org

Hmm, agreed.  I don't know if it was I that approved these (very likely
the second one), but I'll be more careful and reject bad posts more
aggressively too, which will probably help.

> > > Unfortunately, the <blink> tag has been removed from browsers..
> >
> > When visiting a Facebook page (without logged in to an account), it
> > keeps pestering you to open your own account.  I'm fortunate I don't
> > visit pages often, because it's *really* annoying.  Something similar
> > could be applied here, perhaps ...  I hope facebook doesn't have a
> > patent on obnoxious layers obscuring the bottom half of the page when
> > not logged in.
>
> Those pages also completely don't work at all without javascript. I
> definitely don't want to go *there*.

Well, it's probably easy to work out a mechanism by which the page
behaves normally when javascript is disabled, and shows the annoying
popup if javascript is enabled.  Anyway, this is probably moot if
comments are disabled for old versions.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions