Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 8 May 2018 at 22:45, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 07:38:43PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Peter Eisentraut <
>> peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> - Disable the link for submitting documentation comments on EOL versions.
>>
>> I actually thought we had done that, but it seems not. That should be an
>> easy enough fix.
>
> Excellent plan!
>
>> - Enforce a minimum number of characters in comments (hello Stack Overflow).
>>
>> Do you have a suggested number? :)
>
> 5000 would cut down on the silliness pretty completely. 250 would do
> the same, but be less obviously obnoxious.

Counter-argument:

"Typo: bluh should be blah"

Do we want to make people spam filer into it?

Also, many of the really annoying comments are long questions that are
completely inappropriate for the docs comments form anyway. People who
just refuse to recognise that this isn't a discussion forum.
Personally I think a prominent link to the mailing list and Stack
Overflow would be good.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: