Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>> On Feb 17, 2018, at 1:35 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> I think yes, let's drop it for unsupported versions. The more we can make it clear to people that they're
unsupported,the better.

> Just to argue the other side, just because the versions are unsupported
> does not mean that people are not using those versions and at scale.
> If there is something that is erroneous in the documentation, it would
> not hurt to fix it, and there is a chance it is incorrect in a supported version.

I can't see that we'd expend the effort to fix documentation in
de-supported versions.  But certainly, if someone were to point out an
error that also exists in supported versions, we'd wish to fix it in the
supported versions.  Is there a way, rather than just blocking comments on
the old versions, to provide a message to the effect of "please comment
on version x.y or newer, if the issue still exists there"?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Сообщение: Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions