Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 6:09 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
>> On Feb 17, 2018, at 1:35 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> I think yes, let's drop it for unsupported versions. The more we can make it clear to people that they're unsupported, the better.

> Just to argue the other side, just because the versions are unsupported
> does not mean that people are not using those versions and at scale.
> If there is something that is erroneous in the documentation, it would
> not hurt to fix it, and there is a chance it is incorrect in a supported version.

I can't see that we'd expend the effort to fix documentation in
de-supported versions.  But certainly, if someone were to point out an
error that also exists in supported versions, we'd wish to fix it in the
supported versions.  Is there a way, rather than just blocking comments on
the old versions, to provide a message to the effect of "please comment
on version x.y or newer, if the issue still exists there"?

That is pretty much what Daniels patch does (except it writes it too many times, but the general idea). It has:

+               If you see anything in the documentation that is not correct, does not match
+               your experience with the particular feature or requires further clarification,
+               please check if this has been fixed in the
+               <a href="/docs/current/static/{{page.file}}/">current version</a> of the documentation. If
+               not, please report a documentation issue using the form on that page.

(text of course easily tweakable)

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: