Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2/19/18 09:02, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     I can't see that we'd expend the effort to fix documentation in
>     de-supported versions.  But certainly, if someone were to point out an
>     error that also exists in supported versions, we'd wish to fix it in the
>     supported versions.  Is there a way, rather than just blocking
>     comments on
>     the old versions, to provide a message to the effect of "please comment
>     on version x.y or newer, if the issue still exists there"?
>

> That is pretty much what Daniels patch does (except it writes it too
> many times, but the general idea). It has:
>
> +               If you see anything in the documentation that is not
> correct, does not match
> +               your experience with the particular feature or requires
> further clarification,
> +               please check if this has been fixed in the
> +               <a href="/docs/current/static/{{page.file}}/">current
> version</a> of the documentation. If
> +               not, please report a documentation issue using the form
> on that page.
>
> (text of course easily tweakable)

Could we please do something about this?  It's getting tiresome.  Nobody
reads those instructions.

- Disable the link for submitting documentation comments on EOL versions.

- Enforce a minimum number of characters in comments (hello Stack Overflow).

I would even go so far as

- Remove EOL documentation for search engine results.

- Display them in faint grey text color or otherwise make them annoying
to read.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: