Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Doc comments on unsupported versions
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
The doc comment form is linked from all doc pages, and while most submissions
are from supported versions there are sometimes reports coming in from old
versions.  Since fixes aren’t applied to unsupported versions, and many reports
against old version have been fixed already, only allowing comments on
supported versions seems reasonable.  The attached (untested) patch implements
a proposal for this.

Is something like this of interest, or are we putting enough value on the
comments on unsupported versions that we want to keep them?

I think yes, let's drop it for unsupported versions. The more we can make it clear to people that they're unsupported, the better.

That said, I think the code is wrong :) Isn't it actually going to output data once for each unsupported version, since you loop over them?

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: