Обсуждение: Need for PostgreSQL demand?

Need for PostgreSQL demand?

От
Gabriele Bartolini
Дата:
Hi guys,

   surfing the MySQL website I ended on the JoinVision website, which
had a few interesting diagrams regarding the skills market according to
their job offers/applications archive.

   http://www.joinvision.com/jv/x/n/t-TStatMarketDetail-statistic-db-loc-en

   The scary thing is that there is almost a 5% of skilled people using
PostgreSQL, but less than 1% demand by companies or employers in general.

   I am interested into knowing if you have other sources of information
similar to this or previous analysis of the phenomena.

   Of course, this is just one case, but it could be self-explanatory
and suggest - once again - the we, as PostgreSQL community, need to work
on generating demand for PostgreSQL. Promotion, promotion, promotion. :)

   Any thoughts?

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 09:39 +0100, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> The scary thing is that there is almost a 5% of skilled people using
> PostgreSQL,

No, it is "Postgre SQL" there :)
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ