Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?

От Joshua.Kramer
Тема Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?
Дата
PostgreSQL killer app  ("Liam O'Duibhir" <liamod@fast.fujitsu.com.au>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

Just my two cents.

First, there actually WAS a FileMaker work-alike, called Rekall.  The two
guys who produced it tried to market it but it never took off.  There is
still an Open Source version (http://www.rekallrevealed.org), but it's not
actively developed.  I did a Linux Journal article on this a while back.
Maybe if there's enough interest, this project could be revived?

Next - do you think PostBooks could be a 'killer app', or are you looking
for a database frontend?

Cheers,
-J

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Ron, Kevin,
>
>> >  I think the best possible PostgreSQL marketing would be for someone to
>> >  develop a knock-your-socks-off killer app.  It wouldn't have to be
>
> This is why I tried hard to promote Once:Radix when it open-sourced. However,
> the reception from our community has been lukewarm at best. Personally, I see
> a Filemaker replacement which runs on PG to be a killer app, but nobody wants
> to listen to me, apparently.
>
> --Josh

>               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Сообщение: Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?
Сообщение: Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?