Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Need for PostgreSQL demand?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 18:56 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Related to this thread, please add any and all applications you know
> of to the wiki, so we have a centralized place to track applications
> using Postgres, applications partially supported by Postgres, and
> those needing a port:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Category:Software_Ports

Some feedback on this:

We list apps which may support Postgres, but they don't all easily
acknowledge that.

Openads.org for example doesn't mention PostgreSQL at all for the 2.4
version, with just a brief mention in the 2.0 notes.

Not exactly great advertising for us to mention it, when they don't
mention us.

We need to work on ports *and* getting the app teams to mention the
Postgres port on an equal footing with other database options.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com