PostgreSQL killer app

От Liam O'Duibhir
Тема PostgreSQL killer app
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Interesting thread this...my two cents...

In regards to a killer app that uses/promotes PostgreSQL I think a
web-hosted small-business-friendly office suite built using Open Source
would be just that - essentially, an Open Source equivalent of Goggle Docs
and Spreadsheets with some key business enhancements.

The Zoho online office suite which includes an ability to build simple forms
offers this, but, as best I can determine, neither Zoho or Google Docs have
made their source code available.

Were an Open Source collaboration, possibly featuring Open Office and
PostgreSQL as the core technologies, to build such a system, I think it
could be the makings of that much sought-after killer app.

Liam O'Duibhir