Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size

От Beena Emerson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:e format and expand the range?

I don't think me saying it felt a bit slow around 256 MB is a proper
technical analysis that should lead to the conclusion that that upper
limit should be 128 MB. ;-)

I ran a couple of tests for 16MB and 1GB and found less than 4% performance dip. I am currently running test to check consistency of the results and for various sizes. I will update soon.

--

Beena Emerson

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company