Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Wolfgang Keller
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql  (Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr>)
Список pgsql-general
> >> Forms these days are written in HTML.
> >
> > Only by clueless/careless morons.
> >
> > HTML has never been, is not and will never be a usable GUI
> > framework.
> >
> > And "web apps" are unusable garbage.
>
> Look -- I appreciate people with strong unorthodox beliefs but your
> statement above is just reflecting a blatant disregard for reality.

I don't disregard reality at all.

I just try to at least make an effort to not confuse blind herd instinct
with cognitive intelligence, not to mention technical competence.

> Just about all software people use for everyday tasks anymore is
> targeted for the web, including the email client I'm typing this in.

"Web mailers" are a particularly illustrative example why "web apps" are
ridiculous garbage. Just like "web forums" or "Google Apps".

If I had to use those, I would cease to use computers at all.

And I have started to use email and usenet with PINE on a Unix text
console.

> The vast majority of enterprise SaaS apps are web deployed and so so
> are intranet applications.

And they are totally unusable crap.

> It's just the way things are and if you know your technologies you
> can settle on a stack that approaches the RAD platforms of old in
> terms of programming efficiency.

Certainly not. Not to mention the issue of end-user productivity. Not
to mention the deployment mess, both server- *and* client-side, with
"web apps". Etc. and so on...

Sincerely,

Wolfgang