Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/12/2013 01:57 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> In the text based systems I am familiar with their where keyboard
> shortcuts that took you directly to fields and coding conventions that
> allowed direct entry of data. For example at a plumbing supply house I
> went to the convention was something like:
>
> pv150el90 = PVC 1.5" ell 90 degree
> abs150el90 = ABS 1.5" ell 90 degree
>
> It looks cumbersome, but in the hands of someone experienced in the
> system, data entry was very fast.
Actually it looks like a Unix command-line. :) Very fast and easy to use
but not necessarily intuitive and easy to learn for the newbie.

I recall a former co-worker telling me about a friend who had started
work at a large accounting firm. He said that employees were not allowed
to have a mouse at their computer for the first few months of
employement which forced them to learn to use the computer by keyboard
alone. When they got the mouse back it was rarely used and the speedy
and effortless way they nagivated spreadsheets at audits repaid the time
spent learning the shortcuts many times over.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Jesse Long
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect index being used
От: ChoonSoo Park
Сообщение: Re: trigger without trigger call