Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/13 05:06, Steve Atkins wrote:
On Oct 11, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Bret Stern <bret_stern@machinemanagement.com> wrote:

My interpretation of "Forms these days are written in HTML" means
most interfaces are web front ends to the cloud. Not a GUI framework.

Yup.

But embedding an HTML renderer in your desktop app does allow you to
use HTML where it's appropriate - and it works really well for dynamically
generated forms and tabular output.

The IBM 3270 wasn't the crowning achievement of data entry technology.

Cheers, Steve

Hmph!  I am still using punched cards for data processing and data interchange...

...like making shopping lists and giving people notes - for which purpose, I find a pen more convenient than a card punch!

Cheers,
Gavin