Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le samedi 12 octobre 2013 à 15:39 +0200, Wolfgang Keller a écrit :

> "Web mailers" are a particularly illustrative example why "web apps" are
> ridiculous garbage. Just like "web forums" or "Google Apps".
>
> If I had to use those, I would cease to use computers at all.

Sure, they suck, but I doubt you'll revert to cave dwelling if you ever
have to send an email from some remote location where you have no email
relay?

> > The vast majority of enterprise SaaS apps are web deployed and so so
> > are intranet applications.
>
> And they are totally unusable crap.
>
> > It's just the way things are and if you know your technologies you
> > can settle on a stack that approaches the RAD platforms of old in
> > terms of programming efficiency.
>
> Certainly not. Not to mention the issue of end-user productivity. Not
> to mention the deployment mess, both server- *and* client-side, with
> "web apps". Etc. and so on...

Crappy applications have been written long before the web was born, the
technology used makes no difference whatsoever.

I find that html is extremely well suited to the display of tabular
data, so I'm curious to know what kind of client-side problems you
experience with standard-compliant web forms?

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/site/demonstration