Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql  (Chuck Davis <cjgunzel@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Le samedi 12 octobre 2013 à 12:19 -0700, Chuck Davis a écrit :

> Just for an example:  If you have 500 clients placing one order a
> browser is an "ok" tool -- probably the tool of choice.  If you have
> one accounts payable clerk entering 500 orders a browser is a very
> mean thing to do the your employee unless the entry is simply making
> selections from a drop down populated from the database; that scenario
> is not too real-worldish for AP.

Hi Chuck,

Could you explain the acronym AP?

I understand that there are lots of situations I have not met yet, so
this might explain my ignorance, but I don't see what you get from using
a client-side app over a browser for most databases uses; after all,
from the user's point of view, it's always tabbing from one field to the
next (providing the web form is correctly designed, of course)

Also, I would think most data in the form _should_ come from dropdowns
populated from the database, for obvious reasons of data integrity? It
certainly is the case in my apps.

--
                                        Salutations, Vincent Veyron

http://marica.fr/site/demonstration
Gestion des contentieux juridiques, des contrats et des sinistres d'assurance

Сообщение: Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql