Re: Re: [GENERAL] Forms for entering data into postgresql

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/2013 07:05 PM, Sudhir P.B. wrote:
>>
>> I have developed an application using MS SQL. I have used MS Access for
>> creating forms to enter data into the database. I am thinking of
>> changing over to postgresql and would also like to use any other
>> available open source tool for creating forms. Are there any free
>> applications available for creating forms similar to the ones I have
>> made in MS Access?. Any alternative suggestions will be appreciated.
>

> There are tools available, as mentioned in a previous post. There are good
> tools in the list and I have tried quite a few of them. Just know they will
> require a bit more effort then Access to get a finished form. I am not the
> biggest fan of Access, but it does shine in getting fairly involved forms up
> quickly. FYI, you can use it with Postgres, which may be the way to go until
> you have completed the change over to Postgres. Welcome to the Postgres
> community.

Most of the "90's era" application stacks (vb, access, delphi, etc)
will work just fine with postgres over ODBC although an already
written application would need some changes if it's built against the
internall jet database.  If you're writing a new application though,
it's should be clear that investing in a more modern environment is a
good idea.  Forms these days are written in HTML.

merlin