Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Forms for entering data into postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wolfgang Keller-2 wrote
>> Forms these days are written in HTML.
>
> Only by clueless/careless morons.
>
> HTML has never been, is not and will never be a usable GUI framework.
>
> And "web apps" are unusable garbage.

Yet you have not stated what it is that you find works better.

Lots of software is unusable garbage but that generally reflects the
abilities of the coder and not the generic concept of "web apps" or any
other programming language.

That said if your starting point is Access GUIs then making the switch to
pretty much any other programming framework is going to be a large jump -
but one ultimately worthwhile given the vast applicability that "web app"
programming has in today's world.

Using HTML instead of a pixel-perfect or traditional container application
GUI (e.g., Java Swing) trades off some degree of user-experience for many
favorable deployment capabilities.  I can make a half-ass UI in either
platform but the HTML/JS one will be easier to deploy and the skills learned
more broadly applicable in today's world.

David J.