Обсуждение: Windows testing required: Updated runtime

Windows testing required: Updated runtime

От
Dave Page
Дата:
All,

I've put an interim build of pgAdmin 4 at https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgadmin4-1.5-x86.exe for Windows users. This build uses a work in progress patch to replace the slow Qt components with ActiveQt + the Microsoft web browser control to significantly improve performance.

The version also includes close to 100 other bug fixes and changes, most noticeably performance improvements in the Query Tool that make it significantly faster than pgAdmin 3 with large result sets, and the ability to open the Query Tool and Debugger in new tabs that can be dragged onto different windows and therefore displays.

If you have the ability, please give it a test and let me know how it performs. There are some known issues that we're working on:

- The Query Tool History view isn't rendered correctly.

- Closing a tab is now detected when there's a dirty query tool window in it, but closing the window containing the tab is not.

Inactive tabs have no visual definition between them.

- When dragging a tab, the mouse icon changes to one with a stop sign in it.

- If you close the last tab in a child window, it doesn't close the window.

- Popout alerts don't display correctly.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Windows testing required: Updated runtime

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
Dave,

The good and the ugly.

The good.
I download and installed the patch from

I restarted Windows and it now starts in 15 secs, down from 20 secs.

The ugly.
The version is not usable. The screen/menu is incomprehensible.

System Details:
Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.0Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Memory: 8.00 GB *(3.47 GB usable)
32-bit O/S
Dual monitors

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

[...]

Дата:
[...]

Дата:
Hi

I restarted Windows and it now starts in 15 secs, down from 20 secs.

Huh, interesting - on mine it's down from ~35s to 12s.

The ugly.
The version is not usable. The screen/menu is incomprehensible.

How do you mean? Bar the issues I mentioned, it looks fine to me. Can you send a screenshot?

[...]

Дата:
Hi

[...]

George Weaver
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Much improved load time - 14 seconds - Windows 10 x64.

When I tried to query all the rows in a table using the context menu, the new tab is added and can be moved to a different window, but the following error was generated and the window was blank.

Cheers,
George

[...]

Cleartag Software, Inc.
972 McMillan Avenue
Winnipeg, MB
R3M 0V7
(204) 284-9839 phone/cell
(204) 284-9838 fax
gweaver@cleartagsoftware.com

Fast. Accurate. Easy.

Re: Windows testing required: Updated runtime

От
George Weaver
Дата:
[...]

Paolo Saudin
Дата:
Much faster here too!
I get the same error when trying to load all data from context menù,

Immagine incorporata 1

but it works if I choose Script -> SELECT Script

Thanks,
Paolo

[...]

Дата:
[...]

Shira Bezalel

[...]

​Hi Dave,

At first, I was not having the same positive experience as the others. After installation, the "Loading pgAdmin 4 v1.5..." message with the spinning icon just appeared indefinitely. After several minutes, I canceled it. Then I tried it again, and got this message:

Error loading script - /sqleditor/sqleditor
Error message
undefined

Then I disabled my AV software, and all was well. It launched in about 11 seconds (down from the 33 seconds I was getting on the previous version.)

I'll test it out a little further later.

Thank you,
Shira​

[...]

Fahar Abbas
Дата:
Hi Dave!

I also tested Windows installers and script error displayed and here is the RM ID:
------
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2542

[...]

QMG
EnterpriseDB Corporation
Phone Office: +92-51-835-8874
Phone Direct: +92-51-8466803
Mobile: +92-333-5409707
Skype ID: syed.fahar.abbas
Website: www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Windows testing required: Updated runtime

От
Fahar Abbas
Дата:
[...]

Mike Surcouf

Hi Dave

30 second start-up so still very slow for me.

Consistently get an exception when closing( see attachment)

Did webpack not make it?

I still get 167 requests on start up.

Thanks

Mike