Re: Windows testing required: Updated runtime

От Eric Hirst
Тема Re: Windows testing required: Updated runtime
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
FYI, this new version appears to resolve the following issue for me.  Thanks for your work on this.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
All,

I've put an interim build of pgAdmin 4 at https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/pgadmin4-1.5-x86.exe for Windows users. This build uses a work in progress patch to replace the slow Qt components with ActiveQt + the Microsoft web browser control to significantly improve performance.

The version also includes close to 100 other bug fixes and changes, most noticeably performance improvements in the Query Tool that make it significantly faster than pgAdmin 3 with large result sets, and the ability to open the Query Tool and Debugger in new tabs that can be dragged onto different windows and therefore displays.

It starts quite a bit faster than it used to.  It used to be close to a minute, now it is 15 seconds from cold and 10 if it were recently running and then started again.

I haven't really played with the features, so don't have anything to report there.

Cheers,

Jeff