Обсуждение: Where is the msi-setup described ?

Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hi folks,

where do i get documentation about the msi-setup dialogs for Windows plaforms  ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal
Address
Josef.Springer@joops.com
Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn
Phone
Office
+49 (0)89 600 6920

Phone
Fax
+49 (0)89 600 69220

Web
Web
http://www.joops.com

JOOPS
-- the software company --

Вложения

Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> Hi folks,
>

> where do i get documentation about the msi-setup dialogs for
> Windows plaforms  ?

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org

//Magnus

Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hi Magnus,

thanks for quick answer. I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1 on the server without the option Accept connections on all addreses, not just localhost . I want to connect from a client. How can this option be switched on without a new installation of the server ?

Josef

Magnus Hagander wrote:
Hi folks,

where do i get documentation about the msi-setup dialogs for
Windows plaforms ?

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org

//Magnus

match

Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Edit postgresql.conf and set a listen_addresses that's not just
localhost. Then edit pg_hba.conf and add permissions based on the soruce
address of the connection. There are sections in the manual that will
explain the details of what you have to put there.

//Magnus

Дата:
Hi Magnus,

i must explain my users how to maintain.
The menu opens the dialog pgAdminIII - Backend Access Configuration Editor with 6 colomns:
Type
Database
User
IP-Address
Method
Option
host
all
all
127.0.0.1/32
md5

host
all
all
::1/128
md5

Is all required option set ? If no, what is required to access from any client ?

Josef

http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
Andrea Gozzi
Дата:
Hi.
To access postgres set pg_hba.conf like this:

host    all     all   0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 md5

This will allow any user from any IP to connect.
nd: «md5» sets the authentication mode, check the PG documentation for
alternative methods (if you need them).

Cheers,

Andrea

--
Andrea Gozzi <andrea.gozzi@linuxrevolution.eu>

Вложения

Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От
Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Дата:
Hi Josef!

You need a line looking like this one:

host            all            all            0.0.0.0        0.0.0.0    md5

This would enable every client to connect to all databases on the server with using MD5 hashed passwords.
The two lines posted by you are just rules for localhost. One is for IPv4, the other for IPv6.

Greetings,
Matthias
i must explain my users how to maintain.
The menu opens the dialog pgAdminIII - Backend Access Configuration Editor with 6 colomns:
Type
Database
User
IP-Address
Method
Option
host
all
all
127.0.0.1/32
md5

host
all
all
::1/128
md5

Is all required option set ? If no, what is required to access from any client ?

Josef

I want to import a database from a customer

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hi folks,

i must analyze a customer's database offline. Can i import the databse
of the customer into our PostgreSQL environment ?
What must the customer send us ?
Whats the doings for us to open it in our envioronment ?

Josef

Re: I want to import a database from a customer

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
Use pg_dump/pg_dump utility to take the db dump and then you can restore it using psql or pg_restore at your end.

------------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

i must analyze a customer's database offline. Can i import the databse
of the customer into our PostgreSQL environment ?
What must the customer send us ?
Whats the doings for us to open it in our envioronment ?

Josef

Re: I want to import a database from a customer

От
Arnau
Дата:
Hi Josef,

> i must analyze a customer's database offline. Can i import the databse
> of the customer into our PostgreSQL environment ?
> What must the customer send us ?
> Whats the doings for us to open it in our envioronment ?

   use pg_dump -o -b -Fc [database to export] > [backup file] in your
customer's side (man pg_dump for details)

   create the database where you'll import the backup and use pg_restore
-v -O -d [database] [backup file] (man pg_restore for details)

--
Arnau

Can not connect to database in Workgroup-Net on Windows-XP

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hi folks,

i have a workgroup (not a classic server)  with Windows-XP-machines:

the database server machine contains the line
host            all            all            0.0.0.0        0.0.0.0    md5
in the file
pg_hba.conf
and
listen_addresses = '*'
in the file postgresql.conf.

the 'client's host file contain the line
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn Labor where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnnn is the IP-adress of the database server machine and Labor is the machine's name.

If i start PGAdmin III on the 'client' machine i can not connect to the database on the Labor no matter wether i use the machine's name or the IP-adress.

What to do ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal
Address
Josef.Springer@joops.com
Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn
Phone
Office
+49 (0)89 600 6920

Phone
Fax
+49 (0)89 600 69220

Web
Web
http://www.joops.com

JOOPS
-- the software company --

Вложения

Re: Can not connect to database in Workgroup-Net on Windows-XP

От
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Дата:
Firstly it would be helpful to say what error you're getting on the
client side.
At a quick guess, I would say it's because you've got 2 "0.0.0.0"
declarations in your pg_hba.conf - you only need the one - like this:

host    all     all     0.0.0.0/0       md5

Regards,

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834

Re: Can not connect to database in Workgroup-Net on Windows-XP

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hi Andi,

i get an error message "Can not connect to database..." or similar.  I will ask the customer.
The system at another customer runs with host    all     all     0.0.0.0/0       md5

Josef

Josef Springer wrote:
[...]

Дата:
Hi Andy,

here ist the error mesage trying to connect:

"Zum Server ist keine Verbindung möglich,

oder Login/Passwort sind falsch.

Die Anmeldung wurde abgelehnt."

Josef Springer wrote:
[...]

Дата:
Hi folks,

i have a workgroup (not a classic server)  with Windows-XP-machines:

the database server machine contains the line
host   all    all   0.0.0.0  0.0.0.0    md5
in the file pg_hba.conf
and
listen_addresses = '*'
in the file postgresql.conf.

The clients' host file contain the line
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn Labor where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnnn is the IP-adress of
the database server machine and /Labor /is the machine's name.

If i start PGAdmin III on the 'client' machine i can not connect to
the database on the machine Labor no matter wether i use the machine's name
or the IP-adress. Instead i get the message

"Zum Server ist keine Verbindung möglich,

oder Login/Passwort sind falsch.

Die Anmeldung wurde abgelehnt."

Please help me. What to do ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal
Address
Josef.Springer@joops.com
Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn
Phone
Office
+49 (0)89 600 6920

Phone
Fax
+49 (0)89 600 69220

Web
Web
http://www.joops.com

JOOPS
-- the software company --

Вложения

Re: Can not connect to database in Workgroup-Net on Windows-XP

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
I can understand the exact error as its not in english :) but it seems like an authentication problem. Please change 'md5' to 'trust' in pg_hba.conf file and then use:

pg_ctl -D <path to data folder> reload

That will reload the settings for authentication.

Now once the settings are reloaded try reconnecting to the database and it should go fine this time....

----------------
[...]

Дата:
Hi Mir,

thanks for your quick answer. We will try this.
For my unterstanding: Why should i use trust instead of md5 ? A configuration at another customer (with a domain setting) using md5 works fine ?

Shoaib Mir wrote:
[...]

Дата:
The error you are getting is because of the password not been passed correctly so 'trust' will let you get in the server without specifying the correct password, once you are in now you can change the password as you like using ALTER USER command. Once its done change it back to md5 as it was before.

--------------

Shoaib Mir wrote:
[...]

Can not restore a dumped database

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
iI habe dumped a database with
pg_dump --file="<filename>" -a --schema="OfficeTalk" -h localhost -U OfficeTalk "OfficeTalk"

Restoring it with
pg_restore -d "OfficeTalk" -a -h localhost -U "OfficeTalk" "<filename>"

i get the error
pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

What to do ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal
Address
Josef.Springer@joops.com
Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn
Phone
Office
+49 (0)89 600 6920

Phone
Fax
+49 (0)89 600 69220

Web
Web
http://www.joops.com

JOOPS
-- the software company --

Вложения

Re: Can not restore a dumped database

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
You only need to use pg_restore with archives that are not in the
plain-text sql format.  You can just do this:

psql -f <filename> -U OfficeTalk OfficeTalk

to restore.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
hello,

we had installed 8.2 and used a database via ADO with the connectstring
Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode};Server=localhost;Uid=OfficeTalk;Pwd=OfficeTalk;Database=OfficeTalk"

Now we have installed 8.8 and try to use the database with the same connectstring but get the ADO error 80004005.

We tried different variants but nothing works.

Can anybody help us ?

Thanks for response,
Josef Springer

Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Josef Springer wrote:
> hello,
>
> we had installed 8.2 and used a database via ADO with the connectstring
> *Driver={PostgreSQL
> Unicode};Server=localhost;Uid=OfficeTalk;Pwd=OfficeTalk;Database=OfficeTalk"
> *
> Now we have installed 8.8 and try to use the database with the same
> connectstring but get the ADO error *80004005.*
There is no PostgreSQL 8.8 - can you tell us what version you are really
using (or, if you think it is 8.8, where you got it from?)

Can you connect to the database with the regular command line tools over
the network (or a GUI tool such as PgAdmin III), or do you get an error
there as well?

The problem may be that it's unable to connect due to a database
configuration issue, not an ADO issue.  If you had a DSN that was
working before, I wouldn't change it until you've verified that you're
actually able to connect to the database properly.

Did you make sure that you made the appropriate changes to
postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf on the new system to ensure that users
will be able to connect over the network?

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype. We are using 8.4 not 8.8.
  • We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
  • On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not work.
  • The database is local and accessed with localhost.
  • An application, whitch acceses the database via an ODBC-driver works. Only ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )
Joserf Springer

Chander Ganesan wrote:
Josef Springer wrote:
[...]

Kenneth Marshall
Дата:
Hi Joserf,

Does your ADO accept a version 8.4 reply from the database. It
may not be supported. In that case, you will need to update your
ADO software.

Cheers,
Ken

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:35:10PM +0100, Josef Springer wrote:
> Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype. We are using 8.4 not
> 8.8.
>
>    * We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
>    * On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not work.
>    * The database is local and accessed with localhost.
>    * An application, whitch acceses the database via an ODBC-driver
>      works. Only ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )
>
> Joserf Springer
>

> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> Josef Springer wrote:
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> we had installed 8.2 and used a database via ADO with the connectstring
>>> *Driver={PostgreSQL
>>> Unicode};Server=localhost;Uid=OfficeTalk;Pwd=OfficeTalk;Database=OfficeTalk"
>>> *
>>> Now we have installed 8.8 and try to use the database with the same
>>> connectstring but get the ADO error *80004005.*
>> There is no PostgreSQL 8.8 - can you tell us what version you are really
>> using (or, if you think it is 8.8, where you got it from?)
>>
>> Can you connect to the database with the regular command line tools over
>> the network (or a GUI tool such as PgAdmin III), or do you get an error
>> there as well?
>>
>> The problem may be that it's unable to connect due to a database
>> configuration issue, not an ADO issue.  If you had a DSN that was working
>> before, I wouldn't change it until you've verified that you're actually
>> able to connect to the database properly.
>>
>> Did you make sure that you made the appropriate changes to postgresql.conf
>> and pg_hba.conf on the new system to ensure that users will be able to
>> connect over the network?

Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Josef Springer
<Josef.Springer@joops.com> wrote:
> Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype. We are using 8.4 not
> 8.8.
>
> We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
> On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not work.
> The database is local and accessed with localhost.
> An application, whitch acceses the database via an ODBC-driver works. Only
> ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )

If you notice the oledb driver is still marked beta and is not
production ready.  It also looks like it was last updated 4 years ago.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/oledb/

You should probably use the odbc driver since it is production ready
and actively supported.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От
Glyn Astill

--- On Thu, 25/3/10, Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> wrote:
> > Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype.
> We are using 8.4 not
> > 8.8.
> >
> > We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
> > On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not
> work.
> > The database is local and accessed with localhost.
> > An application, whitch acceses the database via an
> ODBC-driver works. Only
> > ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )
>

> If you notice the oledb driver is still marked beta and is
> not
> production ready.  It also looks like it was last
> updated 4 years ago.
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/oledb/
>
> You should probably use the odbc driver since it is
> production ready
> and actively supported.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

Or try PGNP http://www.pgoledb.com/

ODBC for Windows-64 ?

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
Hello,

we are using PostgrSQL 8.1 and the client is connected via ODBC PostgreSQL Unicode.
What must be used to use the install ODBC on a Windows-64 system ? postgresql-8.1.msi can not be started on Windows-64.
Is there an ODBC for Windows-64 available and does it work with a 32-Bit application ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal
Address
Josef.Springer@joops.com
Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn
Phone
Office
+49 (0)89 600 6920

PhoneFax
+49 (0)89 600 69220

Web
Web
http://www.joops.com

JOOPS
(HRB München 86239)

-- the software company --
Вложения

Re: ODBC for Windows-64 ?

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:
* Josef Springer wrote:

> we are using PostgrSQL 8.1 and the client is connected via ODBC
> PostgreSQL Unicode.
> What must be used to use the install ODBC on a Windows-64 system ?

The latest release of the 32-bit ODBC driver appears to be
<http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/msi/psqlodbc_09_01_0100-1.zip>.

> Is there an ODBC for Windows-64 available and does it work with a
> 32-Bit application ?

With 32-bit applications, use the 32-bit driver.

--
Christian