Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?

От Josef Springer
Тема Re: Where is the msi-setup described ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Magnus,

i must explain my users how to maintain.
The menu opens the dialog pgAdminIII - Backend Access Configuration Editor with 6 colomns:
Type
Database
User
IP-Address
Method
Option
host
all
all
127.0.0.1/32
md5

host
all
all
::1/128
md5

Is all required option set ? If no, what is required to access from any client ?

Josef

Magnus Hagander wrote:
Edit postgresql.conf and set a listen_addresses that's not just
localhost. Then edit pg_hba.conf and add permissions based on the soruce
address of the connection. There are sections in the manual that will
explain the details of what you have to put there.

//Magnus