Re: I want to import a database from a customer

От Arnau
Тема Re: I want to import a database from a customer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Josef,

> i must analyze a customer's database offline. Can i import the databse
> of the customer into our PostgreSQL environment ?
> What must the customer send us ?
> Whats the doings for us to open it in our envioronment ?

   use pg_dump -o -b -Fc [database to export] > [backup file] in your
customer's side (man pg_dump for details)

   create the database where you'll import the backup and use pg_restore
-v -O -d [database] [backup file] (man pg_restore for details)

--
Arnau