Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Joserf,

Does your ADO accept a version 8.4 reply from the database. It
may not be supported. In that case, you will need to update your
ADO software.

Cheers,
Ken

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:35:10PM +0100, Josef Springer wrote:
> Thanks for quick answer. Sorry, this was a misstype. We are using 8.4 not
> 8.8.
>
>    * We are using the OLEDB-Provider for ADO.
>    * On 8.2 the connectionstring works, on 8,4 it does not work.
>    * The database is local and accessed with localhost.
>    * An application, whitch acceses the database via an ODBC-driver
>      works. Only ADO does not work. (ADO error *80004005.* )
>
> Joserf Springer
>

> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> Josef Springer wrote:
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> we had installed 8.2 and used a database via ADO with the connectstring
>>> *Driver={PostgreSQL
>>> Unicode};Server=localhost;Uid=OfficeTalk;Pwd=OfficeTalk;Database=OfficeTalk"
>>> *
>>> Now we have installed 8.8 and try to use the database with the same
>>> connectstring but get the ADO error *80004005.*
>> There is no PostgreSQL 8.8 - can you tell us what version you are really
>> using (or, if you think it is 8.8, where you got it from?)
>>
>> Can you connect to the database with the regular command line tools over
>> the network (or a GUI tool such as PgAdmin III), or do you get an error
>> there as well?
>>
>> The problem may be that it's unable to connect due to a database
>> configuration issue, not an ADO issue.  If you had a DSN that was working
>> before, I wouldn't change it until you've verified that you're actually
>> able to connect to the database properly.
>>
>> Did you make sure that you made the appropriate changes to postgresql.conf
>> and pg_hba.conf on the new system to ensure that users will be able to
>> connect over the network?

Сообщение: Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO
Сообщение: Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO