Re: [patch] Proposal for \rotate in psql

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [patch] Proposal for \rotate in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Pavel Stehule wrote:

> here is patch - supported syntax: \crosstabview VCol [+/-]HCol [HOrderCol]
>
> Order column should to contains any numeric value. Values are sorted on
> client side

If I understand correctly, I see a problem with HOrderCol.

If the vertical header consists of, for example, a series of
event names, and it should be sorted  by event date, then
the requirement of HOrderCol being strictly numeric is
problematic,  in a way that the previous proposal was not, isn't it?

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite