Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-02-09 09:27:04 +0000, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> Looking at this patch, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand
> I really like the look of the output, and I can see that the non-fixed
> nature of the output columns makes this hard to achieve server-side.

> But on the other hand, this seems to be going way beyond the normal
> level of result formatting that something like \x does, and I find the
> syntax for sorting particularly ugly.

I've pretty similar doubts. Addinging features to psql which are complex
enough that it's likely that people will be forced to parse psql
output...  On the other hand, a proper server side solution won't be
easy; so maybe this is a okay enough stopgap.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby