Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9 February 2016 at 11:06, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>   + respect SQL clauses ordering, allows pretty complex ORDER BY clause

That, to me is the key point. SQL already allows very powerful
sorting, so psql should not just throw away the query's sort order and
replace it with something much more basic and limited. The exact
syntax can be debated, but I don't think psql should be doing row
sorting.

I also don't believe that extending the +/- sort syntax to support
more advanced options will be particularly easy, and the result is
likely to be even less readable. It also requires the user to learn
another syntax, when they will already be familiar with SQL's sort
syntax.

Regards,
Dean