Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL

От Terence Chang
Тема Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Timothy Brier <briert@cepu.ca>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  ("Ron Mayer" <ron@intervideo.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  ("Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  ("Robert J. Sanford, Jr." <rsanford@trefs.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Frank Finner <postgresql@finner.de>)
Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL  (Network Administrator <netadmin@vcsn.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all:

I am new to PostgreSQL DB, however I have years experience with Oracle 8i
and MS SQL. I am in the process to promot PostgreSQL to my future client,
due to the cost. I am just wondering if overall people feels frustrated with
PostgreSQL or feels happey with it.

I know MySQL is simpiler and cheap. With my years experience with enterprise
level DB like Oracle and MS SQL, I just don't feel right with MySQL. I love
stored procedure. Sorry to MySQL lovers.

I have the following questions. Please reply me offline, so the mailling
list won't get flood. Thanks!
1. What is your favorite GUI tool for PostgreSQL?
2. In your organization, do you have someone who works as full time
PostgreSQL DBA?
3. What is the biggest challenge you have with PostgreSQL? Administration or
Programming?
4. Overall, do you like PostgreSQL? Would you recommend it over MySQL?
5. How often do your PostgreSQL run into problem or crash? Are most of the
problem caused by PostgreSQL itself?

Any suggestion and help are welcome. Thanks!