Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14 Jul 2003 at 15:16, Terence Chang wrote:

> due to the cost. I am just wondering if overall people feels frustrated with
> PostgreSQL or feels happey with it.

Happy; and you can't beat the cost!

> 1. What is your favorite GUI tool for PostgreSQL?

PgAdmin, though I use psql directly on the Postgres machine a lot
too.

> 2. In your organization, do you have someone who works as full time
> PostgreSQL DBA?

No - just me, and I work part-time both as developer and DBA.

> 3. What is the biggest challenge you have with PostgreSQL? Administration or
> Programming?

Programming; our applications are fairly low-traffic, so the
Postrgres box just sits there and runs itself most of the time.

> 4. Overall, do you like PostgreSQL? Would you recommend it over MySQL?

I've no experience of MySQL, but I like Postgres a lot - I learnt all
my DBMS stuff on Postgres, and found it a good learning tool as well
as a solid DB backend.

> 5. How often do your PostgreSQL run into problem or crash? Are most of the
> problem caused by PostgreSQL itself?

It has never crashed, in over four years - all problems I ran into
were caused by myself.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals