Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL

От Tony Grant
Тема Re: Are you frustrated with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14 Jul 2003 at 15:16, Terence Chang wrote:

> > 1. What is your favorite GUI tool for PostgreSQL?

pgaccess - Mac OS X and Linux (will also run on any Tcl capable OS)

> > 2. In your organization, do you have someone who works as full time
> > PostgreSQL DBA?

No I look after several database servers online and intranet

> > 3. What is the biggest challenge you have with PostgreSQL? Administration or
> > Programming?

Programming - I am self taught so pl/pgsql is a bit of a challenge for
me

> > 4. Overall, do you like PostgreSQL? Would you recommend it over MySQL?

Yes. Yes.

> > 5. How often do your PostgreSQL run into problem or crash? Are most of the
> > problem caused by PostgreSQL itself?

I had a hardware failure and thanks to the list was able to get all my
data back from a 6.x generation database.

Tony Grant
--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,
redhat linux on Sony Vaio C1XD,