Обсуждение: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Дата:
Hi list!

The new Mapview is great, but when you give people something they always want more, and so do I.

I want to be able to add custom background layers to the existing list of layers.

I'm thinking that the list of layers should be configurable from the Preferences -> Sql editor menu (or somewhere in
thePreferences)

Then again, given that I know both Js, Leaflet, Backbone, and Python/Flask I guess I should contribute the changes
myselfrather then waiting for someone else to do this.

However, I have some questions before I jump right on this task:

First some organizational:
1. If I add this, is this something that is welcomed by the project?
2. How do I register a task on https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues
3. Is it ok to clone the GitHub mirror and submit a PR there?

Then some tech-related questions:

1. It seems like window.top.pgAdmin.Browser.get_preferences_for_module is used for getting preferences from js, and
thatthe PreferencesModule python class is responsible for managing preferences. But where are the default preferences
listed?
2. Does the preferences code currently handle editing a list of elements? I'm thinking that the preferences pane for
maplayers should be something like this.

name    | url                                                                                             |
----------|-----------------------------------------------------------------| ------
streets | https://{s}.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png | [remove]
[]            | []                                                                                                  |
[add]

2.1 If it does, where in the code can I find it?
2.2 It it doesn't, where in the code can I add it and
3. In either case of 2: how do I specify how a preference object for a module look like?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

The new Mapview is great, but when you give people something they always want more, and so do I.

I want to be able to add custom background layers to the existing list of layers.

I'm thinking that the list of layers should be configurable from the Preferences -> Sql editor menu (or somewhere in the Preferences)

Then again, given that I know both Js, Leaflet, Backbone, and Python/Flask I guess I should contribute the changes myself rather then waiting for someone else to do this.

Cool :-)

However, I have some questions before I jump right on this task:

First some organizational:
1. If I add this, is this something that is welcomed by the project?

Yes!

2. How do I register a task on https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues

Assuming you have a user account on there, there's a "New Issue" button towards the top right.

3. Is it ok to clone the GitHub mirror and submit a PR there?

You're welcome to work in a GitHub mirror of course, but please send patches here - we won't see GitHub PRs as our primary repo is git.postgresql.org.

Then some tech-related questions:

1. It seems like window.top.pgAdmin.Browser.get_preferences_for_module is used for getting preferences from js, and that the PreferencesModule python class is responsible for managing preferences. But where are the default preferences listed?

You'll find register_preferences functions in some of the Python modules (e.g. web/pgadmin/dashboard/__init__.py). They tend to have a bunch of calls in them that look like this:

self.session_stats_refresh = self.dashboard_preference.register(
'dashboards', 'session_stats_refresh',
gettext("Session statistics refresh rate"), 'integer',
1, min_val=1, max_val=999999,
category_label=gettext('Graphs'),
help_str=gettext('The number of seconds between graph samples.')
)
In this case, the 1 on the beginning of the fourth line is the default value.

2. Does the preferences code currently handle editing a list of elements? I'm thinking that the preferences pane for map layers should be something like this.

name    | url                                                                                             |
----------|-----------------------------------------------------------------| ------
streets | https://{s}.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png | [remove]
[]            | []                                                                                                  | [add]

2.1 If it does, where in the code can I find it?
2.2 It it doesn't, where in the code can I add it and
3. In either case of 2: how do I specify how a preference object for a module look like?

I don't believe it does at the moment. Khushboo, am I missing something?

The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Khushboo Vashi

[...]

Yes, right, currently we don't have it.

You can register the module wise preferences with the register_preferences function mentioned by Dave above.
At the client side, we create the preferences cache and use the cache in the other JS modules as and when required. Please refer pgadmin/browser/static/js/preferences.js file which is being used to get the cached preferences. You will find the different functions to get the specific preference here.

The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Дата:
Dave, Khushboo:

Thanks for your replies. I've created an issue here: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3646

Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.

Thank you both for your input!

I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when time comes I think I will need some guidance on
theprocess of sending patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).

I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo, along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of
.pycodestyle,but I am familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 05:24, Khushboo Vashi wrote:
> [...]
> >>                                           | [add]
> >>
> >> 2.1 If it does, where in the code can I find it?
> >> 2.2 It it doesn't, where in the code can I add it and
> >> 3. In either case of 2: how do I specify how a preference object for a
> >> module look like?
> >>

> > I don't believe it does at the moment. Khushboo, am I missing something?
> >
> > Yes, right, currently we don't have it.
>
> You can register the module wise preferences with the register_preferences
> function mentioned by Dave above.
> At the client side, we create the preferences cache and use the cache in
> the other JS modules as and when required. Please refer
> pgadmin/browser/static/js/preferences.js file which is being used to get
> the cached preferences. You will find the different functions to get the
> specific preference here.
>
> The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

Дата:
Hi

Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.

Thank you both for your input!

I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when time comes I think I will need some guidance on the process of sending patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).

I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo, along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of .pycodestyle, but I am familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?

You can run "make check-pep8" and it will check that all the Python code conforms.

-a

--
> [...]

> >>                                           | [add]
> >>
> >> 2.1 If it does, where in the code can I find it?
> >> 2.2 It it doesn't, where in the code can I add it and
> >> 3. In either case of 2: how do I specify how a preference object for a
> >> module look like?
> >>

> > I don't believe it does at the moment. Khushboo, am I missing something?
> >
> > Yes, right, currently we don't have it.
>
> You can register the module wise preferences with the register_preferences
> function mentioned by Dave above.
> At the client side, we create the preferences cache and use the cache in
> the other JS modules as and when required. Please refer
> pgadmin/browser/static/js/preferences.js file which is being used to get
> the cached preferences. You will find the different functions to get the
> specific preference here.
>
> The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

Дата:
Thanks!

Another question:

I had issues running make install-node using node 10.x. The issue was related to an old version of the leveldown
package(https://github.com/Level/leveldown/issues/455).

The dependency on leveldown was introduced by the hard-source-webpack-plugin, which was required at version 0.4.9.
Upgrading hard-source-webpack-plugin to latest (0.12.0) seems to have solved this problem.

Are these kinds of fixes something that should be submitted separately, or can they be included in the final patch?

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 09:48, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Dave, Khushboo:
> >
> > Thanks for your replies. I've created an issue here:
> > https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3646
> >
> > Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.
> >
> > Thank you both for your input!
> >
> > I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when
> > time comes I think I will need some guidance on the process of sending
> > patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).
> >
> > I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo,
> > along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of .pycodestyle, but I am
> > familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?
> >

> You can run "make check-pep8" and it will check that all the Python code
> conforms.
>

> > -a
> >

> > --
> >   Atle Frenvik Sveen
> >   atle@frenviksveen.net
> >   45278689
> >   atlefren.net

> > atle@frenviksveen.net

> > always

> > list of

> > then

> > get_preferences_for_module
> > PreferencesModule
> > the

> > modules

> > elements?
> > something

> > ----------------|
> > [remove]

> > something?

> > > You can register the module wise preferences with the
> > register_preferences
> > > function mentioned by Dave above.
> > > At the client side, we create the preferences cache and use the cache in
> > > the other JS modules as and when required. Please refer
> > > pgadmin/browser/static/js/preferences.js file which is being used to get
> > > the cached preferences. You will find the different functions to get the
> > > specific preference here.
> > >
> > > The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Dave Page

The dependency on leveldown was introduced by the hard-source-webpack-plugin, which was required at version 0.4.9. Upgrading  hard-source-webpack-plugin to latest (0.12.0) seems to have solved this problem.

Are these kinds of fixes something that should be submitted separately, or can they be included in the final patch?

Things like that are helpful to send separately, if they affect the existing code.

Thanks.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net
  45278689
  atlefren.net

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 09:48, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Dave, Khushboo:
> >
> > Thanks for your replies. I've created an issue here:
> > https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3646
> >
> > Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.
> >
> > Thank you both for your input!
> >
> > I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when
> > time comes I think I will need some guidance on the process of sending
> > patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).
> >
> > I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo,
> > along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of .pycodestyle, but I am
> > familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?
> >

> You can run "make check-pep8" and it will check that all the Python code
> conforms.
>

> > -a
> >

> > --
> >   Atle Frenvik Sveen
> >   atle@frenviksveen.net
> >   45278689
> >   atlefren.net

> > atle@frenviksveen.net

> > always

> > list of

> > then

> > get_preferences_for_module
> > PreferencesModule
> > the

> > modules

> > elements?
> > something

> > ----------------|
> > [remove]

> > something?

> > > You can register the module wise preferences with the
> > register_preferences
> > > function mentioned by Dave above.
> > > At the client side, we create the preferences cache and use the cache in
> > > the other JS modules as and when required. Please refer
> > > pgadmin/browser/static/js/preferences.js file which is being used to get
> > > the cached preferences. You will find the different functions to get the
> > > specific preference here.
> > >
> > > The Preferences class is in web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py.

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Дата:
Hello again!

I've managed to get closer to resolving this task (see attached image for the current state of the work and
https://github.com/atlefren/pgadmin4/tree/mapviewer_custom_layers_3646for code), but I still have some questions.
Pleaselet me know if this list isn't the appropriate place.

0. Sorry for breaking the build by introducing a new node version

1. The GeometryViewer now uses browser.get_preferences_for_module to get the available layers at initialization. A bit
oftesting suggests that this initialization is perfromed each time the map window is re-opened. Is this correct? Or
shouldI listen to some kind of "preferences updated"-event?

2.  I've made a new backform-component called "OrderedListControl", which builds a table based on the fields-attribute,
inthe same manner as the KeyCodeControl. The control now supports:

- editing existing elements
- Deleting elements
- add a new element
- moving existing elements up or down in the list

However, I have some challenges:

1. Each time I type in a new value, the render-cycle triggers and the Input looses focus. Any ideas here? My
Backbone-skillswas last used 4 years ago, and React has kinda made me forget this stuff.

2. I consider some of the fields optional and some required, but could not find a setting to set the required fields
required.Any suggestions?

In addition, Design and CSS is not my strong areas, and there are a couple of things I struggle with:

1. I've used buttons for delete and move. This is not pretty, but it works.
2. The last row of the table is always empty and is used for adding a new row. Does this make sense?`
3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space
belowthe label could be used, but I am not sure how I can  fix this.

Thanks for your replies.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 11:43, Atle Frenvik Sveen wrote:
> Thanks!
>

> Another question:
>
> I had issues running make install-node using node 10.x. The issue was
> related to an old version of the leveldown package
> (https://github.com/Level/leveldown/issues/455).
>
> The dependency on leveldown was introduced by the hard-source-webpack-
> plugin, which was required at version 0.4.9. Upgrading  hard-source-
> webpack-plugin to latest (0.12.0) seems to have solved this problem.
>
> Are these kinds of fixes something that should be submitted separately,
> or can they be included in the final patch?
>
> -a
>
> --
>   Atle Frenvik Sveen
>   atle@frenviksveen.net
>   45278689
>   atlefren.net
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 09:48, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dave, Khushboo:
> > >
> > > Thanks for your replies. I've created an issue here:
> > > https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3646
> > >
> > > Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.
> > >
> > > Thank you both for your input!
> > >
> > > I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when
> > > time comes I think I will need some guidance on the process of sending
> > > patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).
> > >
> > > I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo,
> > > along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of .pycodestyle, but I am
> > > familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?
> > >

> > You can run "make check-pep8" and it will check that all the Python code
> > conforms.
> >

> > > -a
> > >

> > > --
> > >   Atle Frenvik Sveen
> > >   atle@frenviksveen.net
> > >   45278689
> > >   atlefren.net

> > > atle@frenviksveen.net

> > > always

> > > list of

> > > then

> > > get_preferences_for_module
> > > PreferencesModule
> > > the

> > > modules

> > > elements?
> > > something

> > > ----------------|
> > > [remove]

> > > something?

> > > register_preferences

> > --
> > Dave Page
> > Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> > Twitter: @pgsnake
> >
> > EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

I've managed to get closer to resolving this task (see attached image for the current state of the work and https://github.com/atlefren/pgadmin4/tree/mapviewer_custom_layers_3646 for code), but I still have some questions. Please let me know if this list isn't the appropriate place.

0. Sorry for breaking the build by introducing a new node version

Hahaha. No problem. It's all good now.

[...]

I'll leave those for Kanchan/Aditya to comment on, as they know that code far better than I do.

In addition, Design and CSS is not my strong areas, and there are a couple of things I struggle with:

1. I've used buttons for delete and move. This is not pretty, but it works.

Yeah, that'll need some work.

2. The last row of the table is always empty and is used for adding a new row. Does this make sense?

Yes, but it doesn't really follow our normal design. I'd suggest using a grid - for example, the same as we use for adding listing/adding/removing columns on the Table dialogue. That's a standard design pattern that we've used in many places. The Action buttons can then just be FontAwesome icons for up/down/remove.

`
3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space below the label could be used, but I am not sure how I can  fix this.

CSS magic, but I'm not sure either (ancient C++ guy here!)

Thanks for your replies.

-a

--
> [...]

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 09:48, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dave, Khushboo:
> > >
> > > Thanks for your replies. I've created an issue here:
> > > https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3646
> > >
> > > Please feel free to comment and suggest changes.
> > >
> > > Thank you both for your input!
> > >
> > > I guess I will spend some time getting to know this code-base, and when
> > > time comes I think I will need some guidance on the process of sending
> > > patches etc (as this is not something I am familiar with).
> > >
> > > I see that there is an .editorconfig and and .eslintrc.js in the repo,
> > > along with a .pycodestyle. I've never heard of .pycodestyle, but I am
> > > familiar with PEP8. Any pointers on this?
> > >

> > You can run "make check-pep8" and it will check that all the Python code

Дата:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:05, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello again!
> >
> > I've managed to get closer to resolving this task (see attached image for
> > the current state of the work and https://github.com/atlefren/
> > pgadmin4/tree/mapviewer_custom_layers_3646 for code), but I still have
> > some questions. Please let me know if this list isn't the appropriate place.
> >
> > 0. Sorry for breaking the build by introducing a new node version
> >

> Hahaha. No problem. It's all good now.
>

> > 1. The GeometryViewer now uses browser.get_preferences_for_module to get
> > the available layers at initialization. A bit of testing suggests that this
> > initialization is perfromed each time the map window is re-opened. Is this
> > correct? Or should I listen to some kind of "preferences updated"-event?
> >
> > 2.  I've made a new backform-component called "OrderedListControl", which
> > builds a table based on the fields-attribute, in the same manner as the
> > KeyCodeControl. The control now supports:
> >
> > - editing existing elements
> > - Deleting elements
> > - add a new element
> > - moving existing elements up or down in the list
> >
> > However, I have some challenges:
> >
> > 1. Each time I type in a new value, the render-cycle triggers and the
> > Input looses focus. Any ideas here? My Backbone-skills was last used 4
> > years ago, and React has kinda made me forget this stuff.
> > 2. I consider some of the fields optional and some required, but could not
> > find a setting to set the required fields required. Any suggestions?
> >

> I'll leave those for Kanchan/Aditya to comment on, as they know that code
> far better than I do.
>

> > In addition, Design and CSS is not my strong areas, and there are a couple
> > of things I struggle with:
> >
> > 1. I've used buttons for delete and move. This is not pretty, but it
> > works.
> >

> Yeah, that'll need some work.
>

> > 2. The last row of the table is always empty and is used for adding a new
> > row. Does this make sense?
>

> Yes, but it doesn't really follow our normal design. I'd suggest using a
> grid - for example, the same as we use for adding listing/adding/removing
> columns on the Table dialogue. That's a standard design pattern that we've
> used in many places. The Action buttons can then just be FontAwesome icons
> for up/down/remove.

Ah, this makes sense. This will (hopefully) resolve some of the issues related to required fields (and hopefully focus
aswell). I'll give this a try (if I can manage to find the relevant code, any pointers appreciated!).

-a

> > `
> > 3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped
> > (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space below the label could be
> > used, but I am not sure how I can  fix this.
> >

> CSS magic, but I'm not sure either (ancient C++ guy here!)
>

> > Thanks for your replies.
> >
> > -a
> >
> > --
> >   Atle Frenvik Sveen
> >   atle@frenviksveen.net
> >   45278689
> >   atlefren.net
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, at 11:43, Atle Frenvik Sveen wrote:
> > > Thanks!
> > >

> > > Another question:
> > >
> > > I had issues running make install-node using node 10.x. The issue was
> > > related to an old version of the leveldown package
> > > (https://github.com/Level/leveldown/issues/455).
> > >
> > > The dependency on leveldown was introduced by the hard-source-webpack-
> > > plugin, which was required at version 0.4.9. Upgrading  hard-source-
> > > webpack-plugin to latest (0.12.0) seems to have solved this problem.
> > >
> > > Are these kinds of fixes something that should be submitted separately,
> > > or can they be included in the final patch?
> > >
> > > -a
> > >
> > > --
> > >   Atle Frenvik Sveen
> > >   atle@frenviksveen.net
> > >   45278689
> > >   atlefren.net

> > atle@frenviksveen.net>

> > when
> > sending

> > repo,

> > code

> > they

> > existing

> > from the

> > rather

> > project?

> > button

> > send

> > are

> > bunch of

> > samples.')

> > default

> > object for a

> > cache in
> > to get
> > get the

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Дата:
Hi again!

I started digging around in the code used to display the Grid in the table dialogue, this worked a lot better. Now most
thingsworks as expected, although I decided to re-write the Grid-using code rather than re-use the existing code, as
thatseems rather tightly coupled with the table use-case.

This implementation fixed the focus-issues (as the change is triggered onBlur, not onChange.

However, I seem to have hit some more css-wizardry-issues:

1. The header isn't exactly pretty
2. I would like to align the down button on the first row with the other down-buttons, but I am not able to use any
customcss? Is there some command I have to run in order to transpile the scss?

The issue regarding validation still stands, but I think I have some ideas regarding this.

And, still waiting for feedback on refreshing the preferences in the mapViewer-code.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:12, Atle Frenvik Sveen wrote:
> [...]
> > grid - for example, the same as we use for adding listing/adding/removing
> > columns on the Table dialogue. That's a standard design pattern that we've
> > used in many places. The Action buttons can then just be FontAwesome icons
> > for up/down/remove.
>
> Ah, this makes sense. This will (hopefully) resolve some of the issues
> related to required fields (and hopefully focus as well). I'll give this
> a try (if I can manage to find the relevant code, any pointers
> appreciated!).
>
> -a
>

> > > `
> > > 3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped
> > > (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space below the label could be
> > > used, but I am not sure how I can  fix this.
> > >

> > CSS magic, but I'm not sure either (ancient C++ guy here!)

Aditya Toshniwal
Дата:
Hi,

I started digging around in the code used to display the Grid in the table dialogue, this worked a lot better. Now most things works as expected, although I decided to re-write the Grid-using code rather than re-use the existing code, as that seems rather tightly coupled with the table use-case.

This implementation fixed the focus-issues (as the change is triggered onBlur, not onChange.

However, I seem to have hit some more css-wizardry-issues:

1. The header isn't exactly pretty
2. I would like to align the down button on the first row with the other down-buttons, but I am not able to use any custom css? Is there some command I have to run in order to transpile the scss?

The issue regarding validation still stands, but I think I have some ideas regarding this.

And, still waiting for feedback on refreshing the preferences in the mapViewer-code.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net
  45278689
  atlefren.net

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:12, Atle Frenvik Sveen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:05, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello again!
> > >
> > > I've managed to get closer to resolving this task (see attached image for
> > > the current state of the work and https://github.com/atlefren/
> > > pgadmin4/tree/mapviewer_custom_layers_3646 for code), but I still have
> > > some questions. Please let me know if this list isn't the appropriate place.
> > >
> > > 0. Sorry for breaking the build by introducing a new node version
> > >

> > Hahaha. No problem. It's all good now.
> >

> > > 1. The GeometryViewer now uses browser.get_preferences_for_module to get
> > > the available layers at initialization. A bit of testing suggests that this
> > > initialization is perfromed each time the map window is re-opened. Is this
> > > correct? Or should I listen to some kind of "preferences updated"-event?

The  browser.get_preferences_for_module functions will give you preferences from the cache. So it is totally fine if you call this function every time. The cache is updated on preferences update.
> [...]
> > grid - for example, the same as we use for adding listing/adding/removing
> > columns on the Table dialogue. That's a standard design pattern that we've
> > used in many places. The Action buttons can then just be FontAwesome icons
> > for up/down/remove.
>
> Ah, this makes sense. This will (hopefully) resolve some of the issues
> related to required fields (and hopefully focus as well). I'll give this
> a try (if I can manage to find the relevant code, any pointers
> appreciated!).
>
> -a
>

> > > `
> > > 3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped
> > > (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space below the label could be
> > > used, but I am not sure how I can  fix this.
> > >

> > CSS magic, but I'm not sure either (ancient C++ guy here!)

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Aditya Toshniwal
Дата:
Hi,

I started digging around in the code used to display the Grid in the table dialogue, this worked a lot better. Now most things works as expected, although I decided to re-write the Grid-using code rather than re-use the existing code, as that seems rather tightly coupled with the table use-case.

This implementation fixed the focus-issues (as the change is triggered onBlur, not onChange.

However, I seem to have hit some more css-wizardry-issues:

1. The header isn't exactly pretty
2. I would like to align the down button on the first row with the other down-buttons, but I am not able to use any custom css? Is there some command I have to run in order to transpile the scss?
Where are you putting your CSS classes ? Put your CSS classes in module/static/css/module.css file. If you are using  scss then module/static/scss/_module.scss. Webpacker will pick your code to transpile and bundle.

> [...]

This implementation fixed the focus-issues (as the change is triggered onBlur, not onChange.

However, I seem to have hit some more css-wizardry-issues:

1. The header isn't exactly pretty
2. I would like to align the down button on the first row with the other down-buttons, but I am not able to use any custom css? Is there some command I have to run in order to transpile the scss?
Where are you putting your CSS classes ? Put your CSS classes in module/static/css/module.css file. If you are using  scss then module/static/scss/_module.scss. Webpacker will pick your code to transpile and bundle.

Running "make bundle" might also be helpful.

> [...]

> > > samples.')

> > > default

> > > object for a

> > > cache in
> > > to get
> > > get the

> > --
> > Dave Page
> > Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> > Twitter: @pgsnake
> >
> > EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

Дата:
Thanks for the suggestion! It seems that the style was indeed loaded, it just did not do what I expected it to do :/

But, when using the module/static/css/module.css file-approach, I guess
web\pgadmin\preferences\static\css\preferences.cssis the right path for css related to the preferences-tab then?

Or is there anywhere css related to code in  pgadmin4\web\pgadmin\static\js\backform.pgadmin.js should go?

Running make bundle does run yarn webpacker under the covers, doesn't it? I have yarn webpacker:watch running in the
backgroundhere, so that should accomplish the same thing I guess.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, at 10:31, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM, Aditya Toshniwal <
> aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@
> > enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> Where are you putting your CSS classes ? Put your CSS classes in
> > module/static/css/module.css file. If you are using  scss then
> > module/static/scss/_module.scss. Webpacker will pick your code to
> > transpile and bundle.
> >

> Running "make bundle" might also be helpful.

> >> The  browser.get_preferences_for_module functions will give you
> >> preferences from the cache. So it is totally fine if you call this function
> >> every time. The cache is updated on preferences update.

> >> --
> >> Thanks and Regards,
> >> Aditya Toshniwal
> >> Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
> >> "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"
> >>

> > --
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Aditya Toshniwal
> > Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
> > "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"
> >

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Aditya Toshniwal
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! It seems that the style was indeed loaded, it just did not do what I expected it to do :/

But, when using the module/static/css/module.css file-approach, I guess web\pgadmin\preferences\static\css\preferences.css is the right path for css related to the preferences-tab then?
Specific to preferences, yes.

Or is there anywhere css related to code in  pgadmin4\web\pgadmin\static\js\backform.pgadmin.js should go?
If it is related to backform, you can put it in pgadmin/static/scss/_backform.overrides.scss.

Running make bundle does run yarn webpacker under the covers, doesn't it? I have yarn webpacker:watch running in the background here, so that should accomplish the same thing I guess.
yarn run webpacker:watch will do.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net
  45278689
  atlefren.net

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018, at 10:31, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM, Aditya Toshniwal <
> aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@
> > enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> Where are you putting your CSS classes ? Put your CSS classes in
> > module/static/css/module.css file. If you are using  scss then
> > module/static/scss/_module.scss. Webpacker will pick your code to
> > transpile and bundle.
> >

> Running "make bundle" might also be helpful.

> >> The  browser.get_preferences_for_module functions will give you
> >> preferences from the cache. So it is totally fine if you call this function
> >> every time. The cache is updated on preferences update.

> >> --
> >> Thanks and Regards,
> >> Aditya Toshniwal
> >> Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
> >> "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"
> >>

> > --
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Aditya Toshniwal
> > Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
> > "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"
> >

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Дата:
Hello again!

I think I've accomplished this task now, see last screenshot and attached patch.

I hope I did this patch right?
git checkout master
git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/master
git checkout mapviewer_custom_layers_3646
git merge master
mapviewer_custom_layers_3646
git format-patch master --stdout > RM3645.patch

The OrderedList preferences type seems to work fine, and the layout works okay by my standards.
- You are able to edit existing entries (but elements that are marked required but not filled in are reverted)
- You are able to add a new entry (but all required elements must be filled before it's saved)
- Elements can be deleted (I was thinking about disallowing the "default" entries, but not sure if this makes sense)
- Elements can be re-ordered (first in list is default)

The maviewer seems to pick up the preferences just fine, and the default preferences are entered as best as I could
(mainlyreplicating the hard-coded layers).

Some improvement-points I guess:
- You can add several new elements without filling them in (though they won't be saved)
- No validation of wether the TileUrl is valid (but this is a difficult task, not worth it?)
- Possibly better explaination (but for me, who knows this, it's difficult to improve on)
- I was not able to re-use code everywhere I wanted, so some duplication
- I was not quite sure about code-style, so feel free to comment on that.
- This seemes pretty hard to write sane tests for, so I skipped that part.

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

Дата: