Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От Atle Frenvik Sveen
Тема Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello again!

I think I've accomplished this task now, see last screenshot and attached patch.

I hope I did this patch right?
git checkout master
git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/master
git checkout mapviewer_custom_layers_3646
git merge master
mapviewer_custom_layers_3646
git format-patch master --stdout > RM3645.patch

The OrderedList preferences type seems to work fine, and the layout works okay by my standards.
- You are able to edit existing entries (but elements that are marked required but not filled in are reverted)
- You are able to add a new entry (but all required elements must be filled before it's saved)
- Elements can be deleted (I was thinking about disallowing the "default" entries, but not sure if this makes sense)
- Elements can be re-ordered (first in list is default)

The maviewer seems to pick up the preferences just fine, and the default preferences are entered as best as I could
(mainlyreplicating the hard-coded layers).

Some improvement-points I guess:
- You can add several new elements without filling them in (though they won't be saved)
- No validation of wether the TileUrl is valid (but this is a difficult task, not worth it?)
- Possibly better explaination (but for me, who knows this, it's difficult to improve on)
- I was not able to re-use code everywhere I wanted, so some duplication
- I was not quite sure about code-style, so feel free to comment on that.
- This seemes pretty hard to write sane tests for, so I skipped that part.

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

Вложения