Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От Atle Frenvik Sveen
Тема Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi list!

The new Mapview is great, but when you give people something they always want more, and so do I.

I want to be able to add custom background layers to the existing list of layers.

I'm thinking that the list of layers should be configurable from the Preferences -> Sql editor menu (or somewhere in
thePreferences)

Then again, given that I know both Js, Leaflet, Backbone, and Python/Flask I guess I should contribute the changes
myselfrather then waiting for someone else to do this.

However, I have some questions before I jump right on this task:

First some organizational:
1. If I add this, is this something that is welcomed by the project?
2. How do I register a task on https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues
3. Is it ok to clone the GitHub mirror and submit a PR there?

Then some tech-related questions:

1. It seems like window.top.pgAdmin.Browser.get_preferences_for_module is used for getting preferences from js, and
thatthe PreferencesModule python class is responsible for managing preferences. But where are the default preferences
listed?
2. Does the preferences code currently handle editing a list of elements? I'm thinking that the preferences pane for
maplayers should be something like this.

name    | url                                                                                             |
----------|-----------------------------------------------------------------| ------
streets | https://{s}.tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png | [remove]
[add]

2.1 If it does, where in the code can I find it?
2.2 It it doesn't, where in the code can I add it and
3. In either case of 2: how do I specify how a preference object for a module look like?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen