Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview

От Atle Frenvik Sveen
Тема Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi again!

I started digging around in the code used to display the Grid in the table dialogue, this worked a lot better. Now most
thingsworks as expected, although I decided to re-write the Grid-using code rather than re-use the existing code, as
thatseems rather tightly coupled with the table use-case.

This implementation fixed the focus-issues (as the change is triggered onBlur, not onChange.

However, I seem to have hit some more css-wizardry-issues:

1. The header isn't exactly pretty
2. I would like to align the down button on the first row with the other down-buttons, but I am not able to use any
customcss? Is there some command I have to run in order to transpile the scss?

The issue regarding validation still stands, but I think I have some ideas regarding this.

And, still waiting for feedback on refreshing the preferences in the mapViewer-code.

-a

--
  Atle Frenvik Sveen
  atle@frenviksveen.net

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:12, Atle Frenvik Sveen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, at 16:05, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Atle Frenvik Sveen <atle@frenviksveen.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello again!
> > >
> > > I've managed to get closer to resolving this task (see attached image for
> > > the current state of the work and https://github.com/atlefren/
> > > pgadmin4/tree/mapviewer_custom_layers_3646 for code), but I still have
> > > some questions. Please let me know if this list isn't the appropriate place.
> > >
> > > 0. Sorry for breaking the build by introducing a new node version
> > >

> > Hahaha. No problem. It's all good now.
> >

> > > 1. The GeometryViewer now uses browser.get_preferences_for_module to get
> > > the available layers at initialization. A bit of testing suggests that this
> > > initialization is perfromed each time the map window is re-opened. Is this
> > > correct? Or should I listen to some kind of "preferences updated"-event?
> > >
> > > 2.  I've made a new backform-component called "OrderedListControl", which
> > > builds a table based on the fields-attribute, in the same manner as the
> > > KeyCodeControl. The control now supports:
> > >
> > > - editing existing elements
> > > - Deleting elements
> > > - add a new element
> > > - moving existing elements up or down in the list
> > >
> > > However, I have some challenges:
> > >
> > > 1. Each time I type in a new value, the render-cycle triggers and the
> > > Input looses focus. Any ideas here? My Backbone-skills was last used 4
> > > years ago, and React has kinda made me forget this stuff.
> > > 2. I consider some of the fields optional and some required, but could not
> > > find a setting to set the required fields required. Any suggestions?
> > >

> > I'll leave those for Kanchan/Aditya to comment on, as they know that code
> > far better than I do.
> >

> > > In addition, Design and CSS is not my strong areas, and there are a couple
> > > of things I struggle with:
> > >
> > > 1. I've used buttons for delete and move. This is not pretty, but it
> > > works.
> > >

> > Yeah, that'll need some work.
> >

> > > 2. The last row of the table is always empty and is used for adding a new
> > > row. Does this make sense?
> >

> > Yes, but it doesn't really follow our normal design. I'd suggest using a
> > grid - for example, the same as we use for adding listing/adding/removing
> > columns on the Table dialogue. That's a standard design pattern that we've
> > used in many places. The Action buttons can then just be FontAwesome icons
> > for up/down/remove.
>
> Ah, this makes sense. This will (hopefully) resolve some of the issues
> related to required fields (and hopefully focus as well). I'll give this
> a try (if I can manage to find the relevant code, any pointers
> appreciated!).
>
> -a
>

> > > `
> > > 3. Since several of the fields are large the table looks really cramped
> > > (and unreadable). In my view, the empty space below the label could be
> [...]

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview
Сообщение: Re: Custom layers in PgAdmin IV Mapview