Обсуждение: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

От
"Vianen, Jeroen van"
Дата:
Hi,

I have a problem with the getImportedKeys() / getExportedKeys() pair in
current JDBC sources.

Given the following data model:

create table users (
    userid integer not null,
    username varchar(50) not null,
    password varchar(50) not null,
    name1 varchar(20) not null,
    name2 varchar(10),
    name3 varchar(40) not null,
    email varchar(50) not null,
--
    constraint pk_users primary key (userid)
);

create table roles (
    rolename varchar(5) not null,
    description varchar(50) not null,
--
    constraint pk_roles primary key (rolename)
);

create table users_roles (
    userid      integer not null,
    rolename    varchar(5) not null,
--
    constraint pk_users_roles primary key (userid, rolename),
    constraint fk_users_roles__userid foreign key (userid) references

I.e. the following datamodel

+-------+      +-------------+      +-------+
| users |-----<| users_roles |>-----| roles |
+-------+      +-------------+      +-------+

and the following Java application (TestKeys.java):

import java.sql.*;

public class TestKeys {
    static public void main(String[] args) {
        if (args.length > 0) {
            String table = args[0].toUpperCase();
            Connection conn = null;
            try {
                Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
                conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("<YOUR_URL_HERE>", "<USERNAME>", "<PASSWORD>");
                DatabaseMetaData dbmd = conn.getMetaData();

                System.out.println("Imported keys:");
                ResultSet rs = dbmd.getImportedKeys(null,
null, table);
                while (rs.next()) {
                    System.out.println("PKTABLE_NAME = "
+ rs.getString("PKTABLE_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("PKCOLUMN_NAME =
" + rs.getString("PKCOLUMN_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("FKTABLE_NAME = "
+ rs.getString("FKTABLE_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("FKCOLUMN_NAME =
" + rs.getString("FKCOLUMN_NAME"));
                }
                rs.close();

                System.out.println("Exported keys:");
                rs = dbmd.getExportedKeys(null, null,
table);
                while (rs.next()) {
                    System.out.println("PKTABLE_NAME = "
+ rs.getString("PKTABLE_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("PKCOLUMN_NAME =
" + rs.getString("PKCOLUMN_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("FKTABLE_NAME = "
+ rs.getString("FKTABLE_NAME"));
                    System.out.println("FKCOLUMN_NAME =
" + rs.getString("FKCOLUMN_NAME"));
                }
                rs.close();
                conn.close();
            } catch (Exception ex) {
                ex.printStackTrace(System.err);
            }
            System.exit(0);
        } else {
            System.err.println("Please specify a tablename");
        }
    }
}

In Oracle I get:

# java -classpath classes12.zip:. TestKeys users
Imported keys:
Exported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = USERS
PKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID
FKTABLE_NAME = USERS_ROLES
FKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID

# java -classpath classes12.zip:. TestKeys users_roles
Imported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = ROLES
PKCOLUMN_NAME = ROLENAME
FKTABLE_NAME = USERS_ROLES
FKCOLUMN_NAME = ROLENAME
PKTABLE_NAME = USERS
PKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID
FKTABLE_NAME = USERS_ROLES
FKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID
Exported keys:

In PostgreSQL 7.2 (current sources) I get:

# java -classpath jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar:. TestKeys users
Imported keys:
Exported keys:

# java -classpath jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar:. TestKeys users_roles
Imported keys:
Exported keys:

As might be guessed, Oracle is right here, and PostgreSQL is not. I do
recall that this once worked in a previous version of the 7.2 development
sources.

Any clue?

Jeroen

Re: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Jeroen,

Thanks for the great test case, I will have a look as soon as possible.

Dave

[...]

= "
[...]

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

От
Jason Davies
Дата:
Hi,

I noticed a couple of things. First of all, there is a small bug in the code which can be easily fixed. The other thing
isthat your program converts table names to uppercase. I've written the code so it is expecting case-sensitive names.
Shouldthis be changed - I'm not up to date on whether things should all be converted to lowercase or not- ? Once this
isresolved I'll issue a patch :-)

Thanks,

Jason Davies

jason@netspade.com

Re: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

От
"Vianen, Jeroen van"
> I noticed a couple of things. First of all, there is a small
> bug in the code which can be easily fixed. The other thing is
> that your program converts table names to uppercase. I've
> written the code so it is expecting case-sensitive names.
> Should this be changed - I'm not up to date on whether things
> should all be converted to lowercase or not- ? Once this is
> resolved I'll issue a patch :-)

Oh, that was to get it working on Oracle :-( But glad you pointed it out,
'cause the output is way different now:

PostgreSQL says:

# java -classpath jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar:. TestKeys users
Imported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
FKTABLE_NAME = users
FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
Exported keys:

# java -classpath jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar:. TestKeys users_roles
Imported keys:
Exported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
FKTABLE_NAME = users
FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
FKTABLE_NAME = users
FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid

Whereas Oracle says:

# java -classpath classes12.zip:. TestKeys USERS
Imported keys:
Exported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = USERS
PKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID
FKTABLE_NAME = USERS_ROLES
FKCOLUMN_NAME = USERID

# java -classpath classes12.zip:. TestKeys USERS_ROLES
Imported keys:
PKTABLE_NAME = ROLES
PKCOLUMN_NAME = ROLENAME
FKTABLE_NAME = USERS_ROLES