Re: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This patch has been committed.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Dave Cramer
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 8:34 AM
To: 'Justin Clift'; 'Bruce Momjian'
Cc: 'Jason Davies'; 'Jeroen van Vianen'; 'PostgreSQL JDBC'
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Problem with getImportedKeys / getExportedKeys

I will try to patch this sometime today

DAve

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Justin Clift
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 4:38 AM
To: Bruce Momjian
Cc: Jason Davies; Jeroen van Vianen; PostgreSQL JDBC

Hi Bruce,

Can we get this tested and committed before RC1 is released?

All of the Database Admin/Management tools out there which use JDBC and
support RI need this in order to work correctly.

Making a point of it as I think it's pretty important.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Jason Davies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've fixed it completely now (I think) - it took more changes than I
> thought would be necessary. Here is a new patch (against current CVS).

> Once it has been tested it should be commited to CVS as it is quite an

> important fix.
>
> This patch makes getImportedKeys() and getExportedKeys() report the
> correct relationships (they were the wrong way round before) and
> correct number of keys.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason Davies
>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 08:00:48PM +0100, Jeroen van Vianen wrote:
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > At 20:06 01-16-2002 +0100, Vianen, Jeroen van wrote:
> > >Thanks for the patch. I will try it out soon.
> >
> > I've tried your patch and the output is as follows:
> >
> > java -classpath .:postgresql.jar TestKeys users
> > Imported keys:
> > Exported keys:
> > PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
> > PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> > FKTABLE_NAME = users
> > FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> >
> > # java -classpath .:postgresql.jar TestKeys users_roles Imported
> > keys: PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
> > PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> > FKTABLE_NAME = users
> > FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> > PKTABLE_NAME = users_roles
> > PKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> > FKTABLE_NAME = users
> > FKCOLUMN_NAME = userid
> > Exported keys:
> >
> > Comparing this with Oracle's output I noticed that all PK* and FK*
> > columns have been exchanged and that the two imported keys for table

> > users_roles are the same. Oracle correctly reports a key from
> > users_roles to users and from users_roles to roles.
> >
> > Any clue?
> >

> > Jeroen

> --
> Jason Davies
>
> jason@netspade.com

> --
>
>    DatabaseMetaData.java.diffName: DatabaseMetaData.java.diff
>                              Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

> --

majordomo@postgresql.org)

     - Indira Gandhi