Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Craig James wrote:
> Disable overcommitted memory.  There is NO REASON to use it on any modern
> server-class computer, and MANY REASONS WHY IT IS A BAD IDEA.

As far as I can see, the main reason nowadays for overcommit is when a
large process forks and then execs. Are there any other modern programs
that allocate lots of RAM and never use it?

Matthew

--
Nog:     Look! They've made me into an ensign!
O'Brien: I didn't know things were going so badly.

Сообщение: Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Сообщение: Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception