Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Jerry Champlin
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Another approach we used successfully for a similar problem -- (we had lots
of free high memory but were running out of low memory; oom killer wiped out
MQ a couple times and postmaster a couple times) -- was to change the
settings for how aggressively the virtual memory system protected low memory
by changing /proc/sys/vm/lowmem_reserve_ratio (2.6.18?+ Kernel).  I don't
remember all of the details, but we looked at
Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt for the 2.6.25 kernel (it wasn't
documented for earlier kernel releases) to figure out how it worked and set
it appropriate to our system memory configuration.

-Jerry