Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Bill Moran wrote:

> On a side note, what version of PG are you using?  If it was in a
> previous email, I missed it.

He mentioned 8.3.1 in the first email.
Although nothing stands out in the 8.3.2 or 8.3.3 fix list (without
knowing his table structure or any contrib modules used) I wonder if
one of them may resolve his issue.

I also wonder if the error is actually sent back from postgresql or
whether jdbc is throwing the exception because of a timeout waiting for
a response. I would think that with the table in use having 22GB data
and 13GB indexes that the long running query has a chance of creating a
delay on the connections that is long enough to give jdbc the impression
that it isn't responding - generating a misleading error code of "An I/O
error" (meaning we know the server got the request but the response from
the server isn't coming back)

Can you increase the timeout settings on the insert connections that are
failing?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to SubPartition?
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to SubPartition?