Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* henk de wit:

> On this table we're inserting records with a relatively low
> frequency of +- 6~10 per second. We're using PG 8.3.1 on a machine
> with two dual core 2.4Ghz XEON CPUs, 16 GB of memory and Debian
> Linux. The machine is completely devoted to PG, nothing else runs on
> the box.

Have you disabled the OOM killer?

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: control the number of clog files and xlog files
Сообщение: Re: control the number of clog files and xlog files