Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Some time ago I found that it was possible to fiddle with a /proc entry
> to convince the OOM to not touch the postmaster.  A postmaster with the
> raw IO capability bit set would be skipped by the OOM too killer (this
> is an Oracle tweak AFAIK).
> These are tricks that people could use in their init scripts to protect
> themselves.

Yeah?  Details please?  Does the bit get inherited by child processes?

> (I wonder if the initscript supplied by the RPMs or Debian should
> contain such a hack.)

It would certainly make sense for my RHEL/Fedora-specific packages,
since those are targeting a very limited range of kernel versions.
Not sure about the situation for other distros.

Сообщение: Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Сообщение: Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception