Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception

От Valentin Bogdanov
Тема Re: select on 22 GB table causes "An I/O error occured while sending to the backend." exception
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
In 2003 I met this guy who was doing Computation Fluid Dynamics and he had to use this software written by physics
engineersin FORTRAN. 1 Gig of ram wasn't yet the standard for a desktop pc at that time but the software required at
least1 Gig just to get started. So I thought what is the problem after all you are supposed to be able to allocate upto
2Gon a 32 bit system even if you don't quite have the memory and you have sufficiently big swat space. Still, the
softwaredidn't load on Windows. So, it seems that Windows does not overcommit.

regards