Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 09:32:48PM +1000, Ajin Cherian wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 1:44 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > I have completed the first draft of the PG 15 release notes and you can
> > see the results here:
> >
> >         https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-15.html
> >
> > The feature count is similar to recent major releases:
> >
> >         release-10 195
> >         release-11 185
> >         release-12 198
> >         release-13 183
> >         release-14 229
> > -->     release-15 186
> >
> > I assume there will be major adjustments in the next few weeks based on
> > feedback.
> >

> I wonder if this is worth mentioning:
>
> Skip empty transactions for logical replication.
> commit d5a9d86d8ffcadc52ff3729cd00fbd83bc38643c
>
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/d5a9d86d8ffcadc52ff3729cd00fbd83bc38643c

I looked at that but thought that everyone would already assume we
skipped replication of empty transactions, and I didn't see much impact
for the user, so I didn't include it.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

Сообщение: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Сообщение: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes