Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

От Matthias van de Meent
Тема Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 May 2022 at 17:44, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I have completed the first draft of the PG 15 release notes and you can
> see the results here:
>
>         https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-15.html
>
> The feature count is similar to recent major releases:
>
>         release-10 195
>         release-11 185
>         release-12 198
>         release-13 183
>         release-14 229
> -->     release-15 186
>
> I assume there will be major adjustments in the next few weeks based on
> feedback.

With 10a8d138 (an extension on the work of PG14's 3c3b8a4b, which was
listed in the release notes for PG14) we now truncate the LP array in
more cases, which means that overall a workload with mainly HOT
updates might require VACUUM to run less often to keep the relation
size stable.

I will admit that I am tooting my own horn, but I think it is worth
mentioning for DBAs, as it reduces the bloating behaviour of certain
classes of bloat-generating workloads (and thus they might need to
re-tune any vacuum-related settings).

-Matthias