Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 15:52, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > >
> > > I am having difficulty in understanding what the problem is. My
> > > understanding is that using BSD licensed code is ok in an LGPL project,
> > > but (probably) not vice versa.
> >
> > To my knowledge you can do it either way, as long as you remember that
> > any changes to the lgpl code have to be released.
>
> It's generally a very bad idea for a BSD licensed project to include lgpl
> licensed code because people who try and use your work in thier own projects,
> under the assumption that it really is bsd licensed, get bitten when they
> find out that they have now illegally included code that is licensed via some
> other license.

Of course, the developer who owns the LGPL-licensed copyright is free to
relicense his work under a different license, so if the ODBC developers
want to contribute code to Postgres they can give their work under the
Postgres license.  (They must obtain permission from all the involved
developers, obviously).